The NDIS & Gig Buddies
The standard administration charge for Gig buddies Participants is 3 hours per month (see categories below) which supports the programme with recruiting, vetting, matching & training volunteers to partner with a Buddy (person with a disability) build a friendship & attend live music, sport as well as any other artistic, recreational or social event.
Gig Buddies provides ongoing support to all Participants, facilitating mainstream social & sporting opportunities to enable an experience beyond the limitations of a disability specific event.
Gig Buddies NDIS support can fit into either one of two categories in a Participant’s NDIS Plan (from NDIS Price Guide 2019 -20)
Category 1. Capacity Building
Increased Social & Community Participation (Support Category 3.09)
Life transition planning including mentoring peer support & individual skill development.
Support Item Ref No. 09_006_0106_6_3 (see page 55 of current price guide)
Establishing volunteer assistance within the Participant’s home or community to develop skills - for instance, taking part in social activities & maintaining contact with others.
Price (per hour): $60.16
Cost per month (3 hours): $180.48
Category 2. Core Supports
Assistance with Social & Community Participation (Support Category 1.04)
Provision of supports to enable the Participant to engage in community/social & or recreational activities within the community.
Support Item Ref No. 04_104_0125_6_1 (see page 21 of current price guide)
Provision of support to enable a participant to engage in community, social and/or recreational activities.
Price (per hour): $52.85
Cost per month (3 hours): $158.55
Gig Buddies will provide the Participant with a service agreement after establishing which category of the two listed above the support to be provided falls under, as well as obtaining the following additional information:
NDIS Plan Number
Plan start date
Plan end date
Plan managed by:
NDIS (Agency Managed)
Self Managed with Financial Intermediary
• Finding a suitable volunteer can take some time (location, interests, age and gender are determining factors).
• Gig Buddies Sydney cannot guarantee to find a volunteer buddy for all participants.
• Once a pairing is made, the volunteer training and buddy pairing process can take some time.
• NDIS plans differ from client to client and some information above may or may not be applicable depending on individual circumstances.
• All information was correct at time of publishing.
• If you do not currently have NDIS funding available for Gig Buddies, please contact Gig Buddies Sydney on 02 9419 6951 or
• The 3 hour per month administration fee is to provide the above services to all participants and to support the administration and continuation of the project. It has no direct relation to actual hours spent with a volunteer.
NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission Registration ID: 4-3LLK-1912
to provide us with your NDIS plan information please click here
if you are happy with the above information and would like to be a Gig Buddy participant, click the link below